Haul out, Initial Conditions

p into the slings she goes.

IMG_9118.JPG

The underside was not exactly bright red:

IMG_9119.JPG

Power-washed and placed on a cart:

IMG_9124.JPG

Can you tell where the straps were for the power-washing?

IMG_9132.JPG

The sacrificial anodes had been treated like Aztec teenagers before a big battle:

IMG_9129.JPG

I didn’t get a picture of the after (yet) but once I spent 45 minutes with my wire brush wheel on my Ryobi grinder, she was shiny and bronze-y and stainless shafty once again.

Not sure when they will get around to painting the boat.

Shinier. Will apply Pettit “Barnacle Barrier” paint per my boatyard project manager’s suggestion.

https://pettitpaint.com/products/underwater-metal-protection/prop-coat-barnacle-barrier/prop-coat-barnacle-barrier/

I spent an hour or so with a wire brush on my cordless angle grinder and was able to clean up the propeller and shaft substantially.

The following day, I painted the exposed metal with the Pettit paint and added zincs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *